Take Action At Home
You can change the world one small act at a time.
One small act to help others makes a big impact. If you can't attend our meetings, don't be discouraged, there are ways you can make a difference at home as well! We post cool activities you can do to help the community so you can be a community kid too!
These activities are for anyone who wants to make a difference on our planet.
Plastic Free Playdough
Instead of buying Playdough in plastic containers, why not try something else? This Playdough recipe is plastic-free, compostable, really easy and super-duper fun. The ingredients are listed below:
1. 1 cup all purpose flour
2. 13 tablespoons water
3. 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
4. 1/4 cup salt
5. 1 tablespoon coconut oil
6. A few drops of essential oil (optional)
7. 1 or 2 drops food coloring ( 1 or 2 for each color) (optional)
Home made Granola Bars
When you make your own snacks instead of buying plastic wrapped ones from the store you help keep the Earth healthy. Plastic food wrappers are one of the most common items found in beach cleanups. Here we will learn to make some home made granola bars.
1. Put oats, rice cereal, sunflower seeds and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix agave and coconut sugar in a pan and heat the mixture on low till its smooth.
3. Mix in oil, salt, vanilla and chocolate chips in the pan while its still on low hear and stir until the chips are melted.
4. While the mixture is still warm, add it to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until it is all combined.
5. Pour this mixture in a baking tray lined with wax paper and use hands to press it firmly into the pan.
6. Once its cooled off completely take it out and cut into bars.